A friend, fellow blogger and first time expecting mama (woo!) sent me this little blog survey to be a part of…so here are some fun, random things you may or may not know about me. Enjoy!
Section 1: 11 Random Things About Myself
1. I like sports…Okay, like might be an understatement! I tried to be athletic but it never really worked out but my spirit of competition runs deep, I enjoy a good battle in baseball, soccer, college basketball and sometimes football. GO CARDS!
2. 90% of my diet is gluten free! We switched my son to this diet and it stuck. I feel great and it isn’t as hard as it sounds. (I still sneak a cupcake or yummy sandwich on occasion!)
3. I prefer to be barefoot. Maybe it’s my growing up, maybe it’s because my favorite season is summer but if I can get away with bare feet I will! (Also, I enjoy pedicures so bare feet just make sense!)
4. I was born in California. People ask me where I’m from and it’s confusing. I’ve lived the longest in Illinois but my birth certificate identifies me as a west coast babe!
5. I have a not so secret love affair with Shakespeare. Something about Henry V and Much Ado About Nothing get me every time.
6. I don’t slow down well. Sandy beaches and quiet afternoons sound great but when I get the opportunity I have a hard time sitting still and just taking it all in.
7. I don’t have cable. We do watch Netflix and we can get a channel here or there with our antenna. I watch very little TV and don’t feel like i’m missing out.
8. I freelance write. Outside of blogging (which I wish I did more of), I take various freelance writing jobs (mostly attorney’s and CPAs).
9. My husband is a chef. Oh yes. 4 grueling years of culinary school and some considerable sacrifice was all worth it. When he is home our house sees some of the most amazing meals around.
10. My son is on the Autism Spectrum. Something I’m still learning about and trying to understand but the one thing I have found is I know there is a plan for his life and I want to be the person to help him figure it out!
11. I’m an introvert. Most people who know me in passing see me as outgoing but on most days crowds wear me out and I’m happy to curl up with a book (or my blog reader) or a game of Scrabble and just enjoy the quiet.
Section 2: My Answers to Samantha’s 11 Questions (since she tagged me! You can visit her questions here)
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would take my husband and head to Paris. Europe, food, fun. A little cliche perhaps, but true!
2. If you could have a free one day shopping spree, where would it be? Chicago Neighborhoods! I’d hit up Lincoln Square, Wicker Park/Bucktown, Roscoe Village and Chinatown to get started.
3. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? This is tough. I still get mushy when I look at my wedding rings. The stones came from my mom but they were designed by my husband. I think of him every time it catches my eye.
4. If you could be on any reality show, what would it be? I’d like to be one of the judges on Top Chef. Yes, I like eating that much!
5. If you had to live in another era, which one would you want to live in? The Regency Era (think Jane Austen) It seems a bit ridiculous but it could be fun!
6. What is your favorite book? A Gift from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Every mom should read this book.
7. If you could trade lives for a day with any celebrity, who would it be? Tina Fey. I would just like to be funny!
8. What’s your guilty pleasure? People.com Totally serious. When I worked a really stressful job it is what I would do during lunch to escape. I still do occasionally!
9. What’s up with the Hunger Games? Is it worth reading? I think the whole premise sounds weird… I can’t help you here Sam! I didn’t read them and was so-so about the movie.
10. If you could change your hair color, what would it be? An attractive red color!
11. What is your dream job? Writer and/or speaker. I have a deep, deep desire to see women grow.
So what about you?
Any random facts you are hoping to get off your chest today?